When we talk about horse racing, people are so fond of them and place bets on the horses. There are different types of bets that they place on them, and all those bets are classified into two different categories which are-
- Straight wage
- Exotic wager
These are the two categories in which you will find many types of bets that you can place, and they are so easy to understand and simple to place. All you need to do is to choose the first, second, and third horse which you think can win the race, and you will be able to win the bet.
Types of bet under straight wager
The straight wager is the types of category in which you can place bets on just one horse, and that includes-
- WIN– In this category, you place bets on the horse which you think will come in the first place, like you will get to win the money only if it comes in the first place.
- PLACE– Under this, if your horse comes at first or second place, then you will be able to win the bet. But if your horse comes in second place, then you will make less money than they win.
- SHOW– In this, the person places the bet on the horse and wins if it comes first, second or third. But if they come at third, they will get less money than they win or place a wager.
- Across the board– This is the combo of all the three different bets win/place/ show individually, and also, it is way more expensive than the other. You will get the price money if your horse comes at first, second, or third, and along with that, you will get the show money.
- Win/place, place/show- It is almost similar to the across the board, but in this, if you place the bet on win/place, then you will get both prices; for instance, if your horse wins, then you will get both win an place. If it comes in second place, then you can only collect the place money. Likewise, in the place/show option.
Types of bets under exotic wager
The exotic wager is the types of category in which you can place bets on multiple horses, and that includes-
- EXACTA– In this, you place bets on the two horses to come at the first and second place and in the exact order. If they do not, then you may not win the money.
- QUINELLA– In this also, you are placing the best on the two horses to come first and second place and in any order.
- TRIFECTA– In this, you place a bet and predict that the three horses will come at the first, second, and third place and in the exact order, which is quite difficult.
- SUPERFECTA– In this bet, you will predict or place a bet that all the four horses will come at the first, second, third, and fourth position and in the exact same order.